Why Doesn’t Harry Reid Answer Sourced Accusations Of Racism And Corruption?
Per Ed Morrissey at Hot Air, Harry Reid is doubling down on his unsourced allegations against Mitt Romney on taxes.
UpdateII: Reid just repeated the accusation on the floor of the Senate:
A look back through time demonstrates a wealth of accusations against Harry Reid he has never actually answered, generally prefering to only attack in response.
He's worked in government most of his life. How did he become worth millions? Was it his time on Nevada's gaming commission? Plus, along with a racial comment cited below, he was accused of racism for opposing an African-American from serving out Barack Obama's term in the Senate. By Reid's current standard, there is more evidence to suggest he's a corrupt racist, than there is reason to question Mitt Romney's past when it comes to paying his taxes.
Harry Reid is a senior U.S. Senator and a member of the Democratic Party, as well as an attorney at law and has a net worth of $5 million. Harry Reid has earned his net worth through his lucrative career in politics, and as a city attorney in his early years. He also served as Lieutenant Governor of Nevada in 1971. In 1977 he began serving as chairman for the Nevada Gaming Commission, and held this position until 1981.
He’s been accused of trying to increase the value of his own property by having a bridge built between Nevada and Arizona. He was also accused of using campaign contributions for personal use, and in using his political power to help a friend who is also one of his son’s (an attorney) clients to build a golf course. Other accusations include taking donations from four Indian tribes during the Jack Abramoff Indian Lobbying Scandal and it was proven that Reid had a general increase in Indian contributions during that time.
Harry Reid married Landra Gould in 1959 and they are the parents of four sons, Rory, Josh, Leif and Key, and one daughter, Lana. His son Josh, was appointed by President Barack Obama, to the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency’s Governing Board as a presidential appointee, and is a partner in the law firm, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck. Another son, Rory, (an elected commissioner for Clark Country, Nevada) was also nominated in the Governor of Nevada election. Another son put his hat in the ring for municipal office for Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Key Reid is a former attorney at the law offices of Lionel, Sawyer and Collins. Leif Reid is a lawyer dealing with administrative law, utilities, energy and commercial for the law offices of Lionel, Sawyer and Collins.
There were requests that Harry Reid should resign his position in the senate, after making a racial comment during President Obama’s campaign, but were told that there is no chance of that happening. Reid apologized for his comment, both publicly and to the President himself, in which President Obama accepted.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Politico Failed to Disclose Lobbying Work of Heritage Critics Steve LaTourette, John Feehery and Brian Walsh
- Joy McCall, 35, ‘had sex with schoolboy, 12, in back of her car’
- Mark Levin to Receive ‘Andrew Breitbart Defender of the 1st Amendment Award’ at CPAC
- If Milton Wolf Were A GOP Incumbent, The NRSC Would Be Defending Him
- Detroit mother scares off 3 home invaders with rifle
- Kickstarter Hacked: Credit Cards Safe, Passwords Stolen
- Twerking the Jerk-in-Chief? Miley Cyrus simulates oral sex with Bill Clinton impersonator
- 11 US soldiers Tortured in Vietnam’s worst prison were unbreakable
- Research shows online trolls are narcissistic, psychopathic and sadistic
- HS cheerleader Kaitlyn Hunt jailed for relationship with female minor steps out with new girlfriend, 27