Rep. Ellmers Gets Help In Pressuring Reid For Senate ObamaCare Vote
Now that it's been labeled a tax by the High Court, Rep. Renee Ellmers has been pushing the Senate to vote on ObamaCare. Her letter, full text below, has been signed onto by over 70 House members at this point.
Ellmers also spoke on the floor about the effort. She also spoke to Bill LumMaye about it yesterday. Audio of that is here.
Senator Harry Reid
522 Hart Senate Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20510
This week the House will again vote to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which was enacted two years ago under the guise of health reform, but has since been confirmed as the largest tax increase in American history.
The Affordable Care Act, not yet fully enacted, has already put undue burdens on thousands of small businesses across the country, increased costs, and is reducing access to quality care for millions of patients. Repealing this bill means paving the way for better solutions that will lower the costs of healthcare without raising taxes, or taking healthcare decisions out of the hands of patients and their doctors.
When the House votes again to repeal the Affordable Care Act, I urge you to let the bill have a vote in the full Senate.
The American people deserve responsive and effective leadership from those who are elected to higher office, and to know where their representatives fall on this issue given its new designation as a tax. Failing to allow a vote on this bill in the full Senate is a failure to understand the expectations the American people have placed on their elected officials.
Reforming the healthcare system and ensuring patient-centered access to care is not a Republican idea or a Democrat idea – rather it’s an obligation all of us have to the American people.
My colleagues and I urge you to allow a vote in the full Senate on the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, so we can begin to fulfill that obligation together.
Renee L. Ellmers
Member of Congress
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch