Olympics coverage: “Abide with me,” but don’t tell the great unwashed.
"Our program is tailored for the U.S. television audience. It’s a credit to [opening ceremony producer] Danny Boyle that it required so little editing,” an NBC Sports spokespersom smarmily responded to critics of the network's cutting out — for their American audience — a tribute to the London terrorism victims of 2005 ("Abide with me" above).
By Sissy Willis of sisu
"Get used to stuff like this," writes USA Today Sports reporter Michael Hiestand, explaining why CBS decided to skip the UK's Olympic tribute to the Jihadist London bombings of Summer '05 and go straight for the ratings jugular:
Which is more likely to encourage U.S.viewers to stick around for your feel-good TV show: chit-chat between mega-celebs Ryan Seacrest and Michael Phelps or a tribute to victims of an overseas terrorist attack that happened seven years ago?
"An overseas terrorist attack that happened seven years ago"? How yesterday is that? Not to mention the International Olympic Committee's decision to bow in dhimmitude to our Islamist masters and pretend the first shot across our bow back in ancient history — the horrific Munich massacre of 1972 — never happened …
Read full post here.
More RiehlWorldView News
- I-5 Bridge Collapse Survivor: You Hold On
- I knew it! Those Damned Swedes Caused Sweden’s Muslim riots!
- USGS 5.7 earthquake strikes north of Sacramento
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash. – Latest, Plus Close Up Photo
- New – Closest Photo Yet: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Collapsed I-5 Skagit River Bridge “Structurally Deficient” Listed For repairs
- 3rd Photo: Cars, bodies in Skagit River after I-5 Bridge collapse
- Update: 2nd larger Photo of I-5 bridge collapse over Skagit River in Washington
- WA State: I-5 bridge collapses over Skagit River, at least 2 cars in water
- Police Arrest 2 New Suspects in Woolwich Terrorism