Olympics coverage: “Abide with me,” but don’t tell the great unwashed.
"Our program is tailored for the U.S. television audience. It’s a credit to [opening ceremony producer] Danny Boyle that it required so little editing,” an NBC Sports spokespersom smarmily responded to critics of the network's cutting out — for their American audience — a tribute to the London terrorism victims of 2005 ("Abide with me" above).
By Sissy Willis of sisu
"Get used to stuff like this," writes USA Today Sports reporter Michael Hiestand, explaining why CBS decided to skip the UK's Olympic tribute to the Jihadist London bombings of Summer '05 and go straight for the ratings jugular:
Which is more likely to encourage U.S.viewers to stick around for your feel-good TV show: chit-chat between mega-celebs Ryan Seacrest and Michael Phelps or a tribute to victims of an overseas terrorist attack that happened seven years ago?
"An overseas terrorist attack that happened seven years ago"? How yesterday is that? Not to mention the International Olympic Committee's decision to bow in dhimmitude to our Islamist masters and pretend the first shot across our bow back in ancient history — the horrific Munich massacre of 1972 — never happened …
Read full post here.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Politico Failed to Disclose Lobbying Work of Heritage Critics Steve LaTourette, John Feehery and Brian Walsh
- Joy McCall, 35, ‘had sex with schoolboy, 12, in back of her car’
- Mark Levin to Receive ‘Andrew Breitbart Defender of the 1st Amendment Award’ at CPAC
- If Milton Wolf Were A GOP Incumbent, The NRSC Would Be Defending Him
- Detroit mother scares off 3 home invaders with rifle
- Kickstarter Hacked: Credit Cards Safe, Passwords Stolen
- Twerking the Jerk-in-Chief? Miley Cyrus simulates oral sex with Bill Clinton impersonator
- 11 US soldiers Tortured in Vietnam’s worst prison were unbreakable
- Research shows online trolls are narcissistic, psychopathic and sadistic
- HS cheerleader Kaitlyn Hunt jailed for relationship with female minor steps out with new girlfriend, 27