Daryl Benway of Massachusetts shot his 7 and 9 year-old children, then himself – One child survived
Forty-one year-old Daryl Benway of Massacusetts shot his seven year-old daughter and nine year-old son before turning the gun on himself. The boy, Owen, was found alive on the kitchen floor with a gunshot wound to the head. Recently separated, his wife Kelleen had been out and came home to find police cars surrounding the home.
Along with being separated, Daryl Benway was apparently also unemployed. His wife Kelleen earlier had posted on Facebook it was time she took control of her life.
Evidently a thunderstorm had masked the sound of the gunshots, though a neighbor eventually phoned police. An alleged acquaintance of Daryl Benway's took to Twitter to state his disbelief. Based upon other reports it's possible the employment information is no longer accurate.
According to Benway's Facebook page, he worked for TJX Companies, which owns retail stores including TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Friends who have written on his profile expressed loss and confusion. Some wrote that they think he's innocent.
Twitter user @Zaackaattack, whose profile says he's from Oxford, wrote, "I can't believe he killed his kids. I've known him my whole life. NEVER would have expected it. It's a #madworld."
Earlier in the day, Mrs. Benway had posted on her Facebook page, “It's about time I took control of my own life.” That was at 11:45 a.m.
Daryl Benway, 41, a Massachusetts man shot two of his children, killing his 7-year-old, before he turned gun on himself and committed suicide, police said.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Question for Fired Acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller: Who is ‘We’
- Fact Check: Ed Markey Shamelessly Exploited Newtown
- Anthony Weiner Announces, Apologizes for, um, “big” mistakes in new ‘money shot’ video
- Two dead, 5 hospitalized from “Southeast” Alabama Mystery Illness
- Iran Bars Rafsanjani and Mashaei From Ballot
- Call Cindy Thomas? IRS – Elevating Exempt Organizations Examinations and Determinations Issues
- Deal struck on immigration bill: ‘”Sí, se puede,” immigration activists shouted’
- Teens flocking to Twitter, ‘too many adults’ on Facebook
- IRS Low-level Employee Meme Falling Apart? Was Cindy Thomas giving orders? FOX19 Cincinnati Names Names
- Army general Bryan T. Roberts suspended from duties amid adultery investigation