Formal Complaint To Be Filed Against Zimmerman Prosecutor, Angela Corey
A source has confirmed that a formal complaint for possible financial irregularities pursuant to Angela's Corey's 2008 campaign has been initiated and will be filed against the Zimmerman prosecutor and State Attorney.
Yesterday, the website Gawker asked if Corey had sanitized her financial disclosures for her 2008 bid. The report was based upon the work of Joe Culligan's website Web of Deception. Culligan is a long-known and trusted source.
I've confirmed that, when approached for disclosure of financial documents regarding Corey's campaign, her campaign Treasurer, Marshall Gunn's response appears to indicate the campaign is not in possession of said records. The request was regarding copies of disbursement checks payable to Corey's campaign manager, Brandon Patty, and any accompanying 1099's issued as a result. Form 1099s are issued to report the paying of wages, tips and various types of income beyond that of a standard full-time employee.
While the 1099 issue may seem arcane, a failure to Nancy Killefer withdrew her nomination as Obama's Chief Performance Officer and U.S. district court Judge Kimba Wood of New York, withdrew from consideration as Bill Clinton's attorney general over similar issues. The IRS tends to take the matter seriously. As for any campaign record retention, as confirmed by the Florida's Division of Elections, that is covered under Florida Statute 106.06.
(3) Accounts kept by a campaign treasurer of a candidate shall be preserved by the campaign treasurer for a number of years equal to the term of office of the office to which the candidate seeks election.
The issue goes to a larger matter, which may cause some to question Corey's competence to handle what is likely to be a complex, nationally prominent prosecution. Again, according to Culligan at Web of Deception, as Corey would ultimately be responsible for overseeing the administration of her own campaign, given what some would call a sloppy, less than adequate record, it may be fair to ask how competent she is to run a prosecution so significant and likely to be closely watched by many.
April 14, 2008 letter from Division of Licensing advising the quarterly report was incomplete
July 28, 2008 letter from Division of Licensing advising the F1 report was submitted
August 11, 2008 letter from Division of Licensing advising the that the campaign treasurer's reports were incomplete
August 27, 2008 letter from Division of Licensing advising the F3 report was not submitted
November 25, 2008 letter from Division of Licensing advising Angela Corey personally that , "this office will notify you of the specific amount of your fine" because of failure to submit the campaign treasurer's report
Furthermore, this comes on the heels of what many viewed as an over-the-top press conference when Corey announced the indictment of Zimmerman and law Professor Alan Dershowitz blasting Corey's prosecution of Zimmerman as, "Not only immoral, but stupid." Dershowitz also blasted Corey's original affidavit when it was announced at the beginning of her prosecution of Zimmerman.
Angela Corey is unopposed for re-election this year and, consequently, will not have to stand for re-election. Whether she can convict Zimmerman, or not, on what many view as a thin case so far perhaps shoddily presented is another matter.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch