Rally For Rush: Just How Stupid Is WaPo’s Alexandra Petri?
Well, at least now I know why they call Alexandra Petri's column "Compost." How's that for irony? Her banner claims she puts the pun in punditry. Her Limbaugh item reads more like she puts the snot in dumb as…. She reveals what an idiot she is on more than one level.
Advertisers learned something about Rush Limbaugh’s demographic this week. “Here we thought lots of pleasant, upstanding people were listening to and enjoying the rational things Rush had to say,” dozens of companies said. “Apparently not.” It turns out that people who really, truly still enjoy Rush Limbaugh’s show are — how do I put this? — jerks.
The demographics of Rush's audience haven't somehow shifted overnight. The advertisers on Rush's show, even ones that fled, many temporarily, know far better what those demographics are everyday, than Petri will ever know. What, does the idiot think companies spend all that money without knowing precisely who they are reaching everyday? Was she born yesterday, or simply ignorant of the real world because she makes a living inside the bubble of the Post? Her entire premise, that Rush's listeners are now, or suddenly, low-rent, is laughable.
They are the same good people all the companies she listed want to do business with as any other Limbaugh advertiser, be it a retailer, mattress manufacturer, or whatever. Petri also either can't read, or doesn't comprehend English very well. The bulk of those that pulled their ads from Limbaugh suspended them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what that means.
They are capitalist enterprises. To the extent they advertise, they will do it where they can reach the largest number of potential customers in a cost competitive manner. As long as Rush maintains his audience, the largest in all of talk radio by far, and remains cost competitive, that's where the advertising dollars are ultimately going to go.
Here's how this will play out. Most that pulled will seek cover via a suspension, the Democratic Party's witchhunt that comes with ugly, Obama inspired death threats, will blow over, the ads will be back because it makes good business sense – and Alexandra Petri will continue to be a moron with a Washington Post column, just as sure as the sun is going to rise in the morning. Yawn.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch