Daily Bested: John Avlon’s Big End Of Conservative Talk Radio Story Just Lefty PR?
All the lefty blogs are celebrating not just the end of Rush Limbaugh but the end of conservative talk radio as a whole linking to The Daily Beast's big "scoop" via John Avalon.
Ninety-eight major advertisers—including Ford and Geico—will no longer air spots on Premiere Networks’ ‘offensive’ programs. Insiders say the loss will rock right-wing talk radio.
Oh my! The left's problem is, many of them don't advertise there now. There are also advertisers who don't advertise on networks like MSNBC for the same reasoning, by the way. I don't believe Avlon pointed that out. Many major advertisers have avoided charged, or polarizing media for their ads as standard operating procedure for a long time.
I don't know, I'm no industry expert, but I'd be skeptical of a big story like this breaking on a Saturday. I could be wrong, but I think I'll wait until I hear what, if anything, is said about all this on Monday when most radio talkers are back on the air.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch