What Newt Did With The Media Last Night
It's easy to miss the nuance underneath a campaign. Look what Newt did with the media last night, as opposed to how he has handled them in debates.
Freedom Works chairman and former Rep. Dick Armey (R-Texas) blasted Newt Gingrich for his continued tough attacks on Mitt Romney saying Gingrich was carrying out a vendetta against the Republican frontrunner.
Along with needing to get Romney out of his head, while painting a positive vision for his campaign – Gingrich scores points when he's lambasting the media, not playing ball with them. His opening remarks last night were good, it's when he took questions that he went wrong.
Newt could have criticized the media for trying to drive wedges and inflame controversy between him and Romney. He could say he hates Romney's negativity but move on from there. Unfortunately, instead of doing that, Newt played ball with the media. They teed it up for him to hit Romney and he took the bait. He played their game, not his.
Instead of seeing them as an adversary, they were teamates last night. He always treats them that way behind the scenes. But by doing it at his presser, Newt lost the game. If he doesn't get a handle on it ASAP, he'll continue to unravel and Santorum will end up the last not Mitt standing for all practical purposes.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch