Romney’s Ignorance Of Conservatism Fuels Hyperbolic Rhetoric
As someone occasionally disparaged as one of those "true" conservatives with no appreciation for electoral realities, this presents an opportunity to dispel that silly myth, though I do also believe that conservative ideas are often winning ideas electorally, when properly articulated. I'd encourage you to read this entire article on how some you may view as of the GOP establishment are increasingly concerned about Romney's campaign rhetoric. I agree with them.
Republicans are worried that Mitt Romney’s increasingly conservative rhetoric on a number of hot-button issues could hurt him in the general election.
Their fear is that while Romney’s position on matters like immigration, collective bargaining and social issues could boost him among conservative primary voters, thereby getting him the nomination, it could come back to haunt him with swing-state voters during the general election.
What isn't said is, it's not conservatives, nor their ideas, nor some perceived need for them to be thrown red meat that's at issue. The problem, which I've stated before, is, Romney doesn't even know how to speak the language when it comes to conservatism, let alone understand and appreciate it.
Romney's problem appears to be that he views the conservative base as a bunch of dummies who need to hear harsh rhetoric to get excited about a candidate. There's a time and place for that in politics on both sides of the divide. Ever the incompetent politician, Mitt just doesn't get that. If he had a clear understanding of what he's pretending to be, a conservative, he wouldn't run into this problem.
Unfortunately, if there's a way to fail politically with the GOP and also with conservatives, what the extended campaign is showing us is, Romney is sure to find it, eventually.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch