Ack! I Agree With Andrew Sullivan
Via Michael Gershon – to this Daily Beast link. While I don't see it as cut and dried and much depends on the framing of the debate into next Fall, I did find myself thinking about why Obama would make what appears to be such a colossal and obvious blunder with the contraception flap.
Conservatives gleefully revived the culture wars. But they're not winning. How Obama set a trap for the right.
This administration is many things, politically dumb isn't one of them. Something in some poling somewhere must be telling them there's just enough of an angle for them to exploit, along with their wanting social issues, not financial news, driving as much of the political discussion as possible.
That doesn't mean I think it's a sure winner for them, but if there weren't an angle, they wouldn't have made the play.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch