Wake Up, Conservatives: Mitt Romney Is Running As A Leftist
Every once in a while, the dumb ass comes out in Stacy McCain. This is one of those times. He's either doing this as he thinks it benefits Santorum, or he's un-officially signed on with Team Mitt in his mind.
OK, so what’s Mitt’s secret? Let me put it in the simplest possible terms: Sex appeal. This will elicit a groan from ideologues who have spent the past year proclaiming that Mitt is a gutless flip-flopper, the worst RINO in the history of RINO-dom. Yet if you set aside mere politics long enough to see the two Florida frontrunners as the average Republican voter sees them, it is hard to miss the contrast between Mitt — the tall, lean multimillionaire entrepreneur with dark hair and chiseled features — and Newt, the pudgy intellectual.
Mitt Romney is doing precisely what Progressives and the media do year after year. He is unable to debate honestly on conservative ideas and win. Scratch the campaign pressed and ready veneer and Mitt Romney is center-Left. If he were in the White House, he'd be crafting legislation with Democrats and liberal Republicans, not conservatives.
Because he can not win on ideas, or ideology, he is resorting to the politics of personal destruction. When the media and more honest Leftists do this, we see it and we are appalled by it. Unfortunately, aided by a multi-million dollar ad campaign, Mitt Romney is getting away with it for now. But make no mistake, the tactic he is employing is just as damaging to conservatism as when the media and Democrats employ it.
If you want to support a guy who will conclude that you, as a conservative, are dumb and behind the times and need to be "managed" as a problem if elected by securing your vote with dishonesty, you're welcome to do it. It's a free country. But you should at least know you are doing it. You may as well be embracing the tactics of Barack Obama, the ones that have infuriated you these last several years. It's Obama and the Left's playbook Romney is using to win, not a conservative one.
Because he can not win the argument on principle, he is destroying his opponent's image, name and reputation. Let's not pretend it's a new tactic, or that he's suddenly become something he is not, a charismatic conservative leader.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch