Mad Mitt Beyond BlunderDome
A previous post expressed my concern that Mitt Romney lacked the good sense and sound judgement, if not the virtue that might have prevented him from sinking to this level. Evidently my concern was well founded. Emphasis mine.
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. – Mitt Romney landed here Sunday with a simple message: Newt Gingrich is a failure and a fraud. And a disgrace. And a hapless showman. Standing under a brilliant orange Florida sunset, Romney delivered his longest sustained critique of the South Carolina primary winner to date – ticking through a list as if he were reading off Gingrich’s Wikipedia page, and undercutting each item as he got to it.
There will be time to say more, if this is to be Romney's Modus operandi in Florida. For now, it's unclear if he's confusing demonstrating passion in the more positive aspects of his message with angrily spewing slander, or if we're seeing the flailing of a desperate candidate who perhaps thought the GOP nomination was his for the asking before being trounced so completely in South Carolina by former Speaker Newt Gingrich.
Whichever it is, it's most un-Presidential and runs contrary to the finely crafted image his army of consultants have crafted for him over the perhaps too many years he's been running for president. In that sense, I think it will backfire. As entertainment, Mad Mitt Beyond BlunderDome is a decidedly B grade movie. As a tactic in a presidential campaign, it rates a solid and rather unfortunate F for failing.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch