Congrats Capitalists: Reagan Democrats Abandon Romney
They're called Reagan Democrats. And if our idiot GOP elites weren't so dumb so as to try and conflat what's interpreted as predatory capitalism, with ethical free enterprise, they wouldn't have invested so much effort in tarring the entire party with this brush.
But the most interesting finding is among whites with incomes of under $50,000: His negative numbers among them have jumped 20 points, from 29 percent to 49 percent.
The argument for free enterprise can be made effectively to this critical demographic. But that takes the right message and, just as importantly, the right messenger. Mitt Romney ain't it. If the capitalism uber alles crowd were half as smart as they think they are, they would have appreciated that, it was that Romney's critics were trying to point out and they were never attacking capitalism in any form worthy of defending.
Add the income issues to Romney being unable to project himself as anything but an elitist, and you have a real losing combination in a national election. What is it about this simple point that you fools can't understand? To re-invoke Reagan:
In late 1979, during an economic strategy meeting, Ronald Reagan was talking about his upcoming presidential campaign. At one point, somebody expressed concern that John Connally, the former governor of Texas and another presidential candidate, was gaining support among corporate chief executive officers, with all the financial support and credibility that that entailed. Reagan said this didn't bother him at all. "Let him have the Fortune 500," he said. "I want our campaign to stand for Main Street, not Wall Street. I want us to stand for the worker, the shopkeeper, the entrepreneur, and the small businessman." Reagan's instincts were right on the mark.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch