Perry Versus Palin
Simply an observation from watching the goings and comings on the Internet and how various voices and forces seem to be aligning themselves as relates to their support for Rick Perry or Sarah Palin. This isn't a cut and dried observation and it may change in time. Also, most groups seem to have room for supporters of either one and by observing it, I'm not making a declarative statement that I'm supporting one or the other. Ultimately, that may turn out to be a mostly unconscious decision. One then finds themselves where they are after taking time to evaluate and interact with people in both camps.
For what it's worth, I'm getting a sense that, within the conservative movement, Perry may come to more represent the old line conservative movement, much of which is seriously compromised as a result of having been established in Washington for so long.
At the same time, I'm getting a sense that if the movement is to truly be re-energized and move forward from something it's been for decades – something already bound up in Washington – it may take a Sarah Palin to move forward along that path. If that does become the case, the two paths do lead to a different place.
Ultimately, I believe the older line path – Perry, ultimately may only lead to more of the same – a lot of good talk, but not a lot of change. It may take Sarah Palin, or a Sarah Palin, or some number of them over time to truly re-vitalize the conservative movement in America. But I'm far from certain of it at this point, it's simply beginning to look that way.
Finally, for any Perry supporters already suggesting well, he's just always been of the Palin camp -which I have not and am not at present, try to bring a little more intelligence to the debate, or go debate someone else, or invoke someone else's name. You're boring me, already.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch