Media Suddenly Falls In Love With Birther Issue Thanks To Trump And 2012
True to form, MSNBC's Chuck Todd Tweets: What a sad day in American political history.
No, Chuck, it's just another very sad day in the history of an increasingly pathetic American news media, as they play into Obama's hands and political stage management, just as they did throughout the 2008 campaign.
Well, at least we know 2012 is here. Yes, all opposition to Obama is from a bunch of unhinged conspiracy nuts. Trump is a showman with less gravitas to raise this issue than any reasonable DC politician. Obama is notorious for not doing press ops, but this demands one? What a joke.
Yet, the media rolled for Trump, after years of casting minor players that had raised it as crazed partisans, or racists. Suddenly, it's a legitimate issue? Bunk! The media will now roll for Obama, re-visiting what it means to have our first black president and ask why so many "white" Americans wouldn't except it without forcing him to go to such lengths, while suffering great indignity.
But the American people, white, black, brown, or whatever, forced nothing. That this issue is emerging now is entirely a creation of the media establishment, including the forever self-promoting Donald Trump – as much a member of said media, as almost any alleged journalist today.
President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate
In 2008, in response to media inquiries, the President’s campaign requested his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. The state sent the campaign the President’s birth certificate, the same legal documentation provided to all Hawaiians as proof of birth in state, and the campaign immediately posted it on the internet. That birth certificate can be seen here (PDF).
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch