GOP Using ObamaCare Vote PR To Counter Budget Weakness

February 18, 2011

There's a game the establishment GOP in DC has been playing and it's time to call them on it. Between the House and the Senate, more than once, you will see headlines like this:

House votes to defund health care law

At the very same time, they are taking actions like this.

Half of Republican Caucus, Especially Leadership and Old Guard, Votes With Democrats To Block Additional $22 Billion in Cuts

The anti-ObamaCare votes are great and perhaps needed. Yet, because of Obama's veto, they are going nowhere. The GOP seems to be using them to distract from the same weakness on spending we have been seeing from them for years.

They need to know they will not get away with this. The Tea Party is not finished. At this rate, we will continue to see more primaries and eventually, a call for new leadership. Conservatives and many common sense Americans are tired of the same old games. With new media, they will not get away with playing them, as they have for years.

Comments:
  1. Ragspierre says:

We have to hold them to the deal. The deal is, America belongs to the people. Not the ruling class.
    If they don’t step up, they will step aside.

2. Also note that Tea Party sweetheart and ethanol subsidy queen Rep. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.) voted with the big government RINOs. Sure didn’t take long for her to sell out. Less than a month.

3. Ragspierre says:

A battle is not a war.
    The ALL need to be kept clear on the concept of PRIMARIES…

4. The Whigs didn’t vanish with one vote. But they did vanish.

5. chercast says:

So “no earmarks” are cool, but “across the board” spending cuts are not. What’s the difference Cantor, Noem, et al..? Bad, bad choice.

6. Of course, we’re all getting tired of the same old flowery words that don’t seem to come into reality. They’re wasting their time and our money.

7. Tom in CA says:

Dear Mr. Pasadena,
    I will take it at face value that what you say is true. If that is the case, I sure the Tea Party folks in that fair State will work hard to replace her with a more fiscally responsible Representative. I think the Tea Party folks have had it.

8. And right on cue, here come the “gangs of…..” in the Senate. Our side really, really sucks.
    Is there a screaming room in this joint? I need a good scream right about now.

9. Susie Q says:

Noem was a Romney endorsement, and to be honest I’m not sure which part of the Tea Party endorsed her, if at all. It should have been obvious which way she would go, because she was lauded almost instantly by the establishment as some kind of hero.
    Never did find much about her that rang true. She does love her some ethanol subsidies.

10. Ragspierre says:

Nice seat you have there, Ms. Noem… Be a shame of anything PRIMARY happened to it…
    See?

11. barfo says:

So the Republicans are caught in between special interests and the Tea Party and can’t see a way out.
    The recent wave of meaningless Hose Republican speeches and bills is an attempt to weasel out of the trap they’ve gotten themselves into.

12. K~Bob says:

The only way we can get their attention is via primaries.
    They need to learn the lesson about “doing the right thing” versus “how do I get re-elected?”

13. Drago says:

LOL!!
    Yes, there really is no greater insight into the minds of republicans than that of barfo’s!!
    LOL!
    I especially like this one..
    barfo: “I think the problem is many of the special interests that donate to Republican politicians and action committees get money from the government and don’t want to see that cut.”
    Can you say Goldman-Sachs?
    Can you say Jeff Immelt and GE?
    Can you AFSCME?
    LOL!!!

14. barfo says:

I’m afraid you’ve lost me Rags/Drags,
    Care to translate your Woody Woodpecker rants into a more coherent statement?
    Best I can tell, you’re trying to say it’s okay for the Republicans to stab their Tea Party supporters in the back because…the Democrats do it too?

15. Susie Q says:

Don’t bother, Drago. Leave it alone for the weekend. You don’t want to get too close to the stupid.

16. “I’m afraid you’ve lost me”
    Not terribly hard to do. Usually only requires words of more than one syllable.

17. Ragspierre says:

The great value of being a Collectivist is that there can be no hypocrisy among your fellow Collectivists.
    There is no conflict. There is only the Collective, and it is always good.
    If you oppose the Collective, you are always bad.

18. gary gulrud says:

Rodgers’ complaint that piddling cross the board cuts are not what they are there for is legitimate. That Mr. Earmark needs to be on work-release with GPS ankle bracelet is also certain.
    House is amending the CR liberally so total package of cuts yet to be tallied.
    Reid will gut the cuts, add Strap-on spending as well as his own and meet at Reconciliation.
    The execreble result will fail House.
    Rinse and repeat. At the first round bell AntiMessiah will veto. Then debt ceiling enters dance. Temporary CRs will keep debt payment from default.
    A nifty spring and summer of rolling brownouts are on tap.

19. Gary, the point is that it was the GOP leadership that came up with the arbitrary $100 billion target. If they meant another number, they should have used that number. There is no magic about $100 billion or $500 billion. Whatever number they conjured up, that is the number they should have committed to. It took the new conservatives to put the GOP leadership’s feet to the fire by introducing an amendment that the leadership torpedoed.
    The GOP really, really sucks and the problem is at the top. Boehner and Cantor are frauds.

20. Drago says:

barfo: “I’m afraid you’ve lost me”
    Something tells me you’ve spent most of your life being “lost”.
    Which makes you a perfect voice-actuated automaton of the left!!
    barfo: “Care to translate your Woody Woodpecker rants into a more coherent statement?”
    It’s already in English.
    And is perfectly understood by all logical, informed and educated folks.
    Which count’s you out.
    So again, I can explain it to you, but I can’t “comprehend” it for you.
    You’ll simply have to go on as you always have.
    In the dark. Uninformed. Incapable of being educable. And waiting for your next set of marching orders.
    Quite frankly, it’s about all your going to have for the rest of your life.
    So, in the end, I guess you’ll have to keep trying to get the government to take over everything so you’ll get the few scraps that you think will make your life worthwhile!
    Pathetic.
    Worse actually.
    LOL!!

21. gary gulrud says:

Posted by: Pasadena Phil | Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    I doubt that we differ by much, I’m just giving the glass half-full perspective.
    Rodgers, Lundgren and Eye Candy need to be replaced, no argument. Cantor has proven over and over he’s false. Boehner is the horse we have to ride.
    My supposition is the Thugs were trying to keep their heads down to avoid getting them unseamed in a shutdown like Newtered in ’95.
    Whether they do or don’t we gots shutdown(s).
    Boehner and Ryan have tipped their hand that they’re prepared. Lucifer’s Avatar is hosed at every turn tho the zOmbies will never notice.

22. randyinrocklin says:

I was disappointed to see Allen West vote with the dems on this one.