In Memory of Mark Levin’s Dear Griffen
Long-time readers may recall when I wrote of losing my Lab, Easy, in December of 2005. I can't believe it's been five years. But I'm grateful I can remember her today without the pain I felt at the time.
I can't recall the things I said to her, though I know I said much. Whatever it was is buried somewhere deep down in my heart – where she is – where it and she will always be – so Easy, so beloved, so pure.
As a dog lover, I think they often bring out the best in us, whether we're boys, or men – or girls, or women. While little can soothe the hurt, or make up for the innocence lost, when we lose a dear pet and friend, we are all the richer for having had the opportunity to have loved them so much.
I know Mark loved Griffen very much and I somewhat know his hurt. Griffen was a rescue with a tragic past. I will share one thing I said to Mark, as I think it worthwhile. Just as Mark shouldered Griffen's burdens by rescuing him, he now shoulders the burden of his release from what had become a difficult life due to illness. That's as much a tribute to Mark, as it is to Griffen. Hopefully, his fans will keep both in their hearts and prayers.
Today, Judi McLeod has a short, wonderful tribute at the Canada Free Press site.
In Memory of Griffen
No one and nothing can take away the heartache when a beloved dog dies.
But it was the irresistible Griffen, with all of his tail-wagging ways, who eased the still grieving heart of Mark Levin after his dog Sprite died. And that’s just one of the countless reasons why Griffen was so loved by his master.
On FaceBook tonight Levin writes, “If you want to learn about my buddy Griffen, you can read the last chapter of Rescuing Sprite.” “In Memory of Griffen Levin”, posted on his website, is really a tribute to all dogs.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch