Wikileaks: McConnell’s Words, Palin’s Actions
A quick observation - establishment Republican and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell recently said job one for the GOP was denying Obama a second term. Rather than engage in their usual back biting and undermining of Palin, the establishment GOP would do well to appreciate how much they seem to have in common with her. I have no idea how all this plays out two years from now, or if it is even a factor. However, unlike a host of establishment Republicans currently trying to calculate their way to the GOP nomination in 2012, Palin remains alone in being the first prominent Republican to take the fight to Obama, time after time.
I can almost see teams of Pawlenty and Romney consultants furiously advising their bosses to jump into the fray, assuming their particular political calculus doesn't push them toward taking some middle ground on this one. If, as some critics allege, Palin lacks gravitas, surely she more than makes up for it in authenticity. I wonder how much a GOP consultant would be worth if he or she found a way to bottle that? Also, more on Wikileaks via Melissa Clouthier – and a host of good coverage, including audio of Thad McCotter, via Big Peace.
We all applaud the successful thwarting of the Christmas-Tree Bomber and hope our government continues to do all it can to keep us safe. However, the latest round of publications of leaked classified U.S. documents through the shady organization called Wikileaks raises serious questions about the Obama administration’s incompetent handling of this whole fiasco.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch