Barbara Bush Should Shut-Up
This annoys the hell out of me, because I'm not some rabid Palinista. Crap like this from Barbara Bush leaves one no alternative but to respond to it. What, does she have another son, or a grand kid lined up for the job of President? Reagan handed your husband his, despite some misgivings, and he blew it, Barbara.
And as much as I supported her husband and her son while they were in office, they've hardly gotten us to a great place. Guess what? If not for 9/11, GW may well have been a one-term-er, just like his father. He barely escaped losing to John freaking Kerry. In fact, he barely defeated Gore in 2000. So, just how wise is this new found Bush wisdom? I don't see much in the record to support it, short of the political calculations of some consultants concerned more with winning elections, than the nation's politics.
"I sat next to her once. Thought she was beautiful," Barbara Bush said. "And she's very happy in Alaska, and I hope she'll stay there."
Bush, along with her husband, former President George H.W. Bush, spoke to CNN's Larry King in an interview set to air Monday.
President Bush discussed the Tea Party movement, and although he said "some of the ideas make a lot of sense," he said he isn't sure how the new movement will fit into the larger political landscape.
Read my lips, the same can be said for the price of bread and broken tax pledges.
And as for Mona Charen's, Why Sarah Palin Shouldn't Run item at Townhall, congrats Mona, you finally found something to write about and make yourself relevant, again. I can't recall anything you've done in the last two years that's generated any real interest outside the usual Beltway set you write for. If Sarah Palin has a secret weapon, it's how distasteful and classless are so many of the GOP establishment types lined-up against her. If they were nearly as smart as they fancy themselves to be, they'd probably just shut-up and let the chips fall where they may.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch