Powerline’s Predicament: Bought And Paid For By Karl Rove
Update: To be clear and fair here, there are other ads rotating through at Powerline. So, clicking back may yield a different look. But the point holds. Powerline is part and parcel of the Republican establishment. That may make them more viable for ads and they're fully entitled to capitalize on that. I'm not begrudging them that. But in these political times, it's fair to point out which side they're on. Between them and Ed at Hot Air, they've also been an on going commercial for Pawlenty the last three days. For better, or worse, the post November battle lines are being drawn. I've never been a big fan of lutefish, myself.
h/t Instapundit. While I'm no fan of Huckabee, he's closer to the truth here, than is Powerline's resident lobbyist Mirengoff – who continues to dump on O'Donnell, more than Huckabee, in the post. But Powerline's real problem is that the only two serious ads on site, that cost serious dollars, are a full banner and large box ad with the same disclaimer: "Paid for by American Crossroads." While legitimate and I'm a big fan of blog advertising, in this case, that may be the most instructive bit of information here. Fairly, or not, they undermine Mirengoff's screed in defense of Rove. And neither Rove, nor Powerline, were truly there as more conservative elements of the Right began to surface and succeed. And that's a fair point to make given Mirengoff's flacking for Rove, while echoing him on O'Donnell and, in effect, being paid to do it.
Mike Huckabee has blasted Karl Rove and the "Republican Party establishment" for the "elitism" and "country club attitude" that he claims has driven Republican criticism of Christine O'Donnell. Huckabee says that he too was the victim of the such elitism when he ran for president. In Huckabee's view, both he and O'Donnell suffer because they "didn't go to the right school and [attend] the proper cocktail parties on the D.C. social circuit."
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch