Lisa Murkowski Represents The Ugliest Of Politics, Alaskans Should Reject It
A short snippet from a longer post by former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. Lisa Murkowski has shown us the ugliest face of American politics from the time she broke her vow to voters and reneged on her pledge to honor Alaska's primary results. From the beginning of her misguided, desperate quest to hold on to power, as if it is her birthright, Lisa Murkowski has resorted to lies, smears and intimidation tactics, while throwing in with special interests best described as the enemies of liberty and the little people, as opposed to their representative.
Last night in debate, as if this woman hadn't already sunk low enough, she effortlessly slipped down into the muck and mire of politics even further. Lisa Murkowski embarrassed herself. And she looks no better than an embarrassment to all of the people of Alaska at this point.
If Alaskans opt to send the power-starved, duplicitous and now despicable Lisa Murkowski back to the Senate where her Father first sent her, Murkowski's embarrassment would represent an embrassment for all of Alaska to bear for the next six years. That would be a tragedy for such a wonderful and beautiful state. This race is no longer simply about electing Joe Miller to the Senate, it should now be about defeating Lisa Murkowski and preventing her victory at all costs. It would be a victory she clearly lacks the dignity, class and poise to claim, let alone deserve.
There is no point in asking Lisa Murkowski if she has no shame. Her answer was on full display last night for all to see. Clearly Lisa Murkowski is incapable of feeling such a thing, otherwise she would have dropped out immediately after the debate, as disgusted with herself as most now are with her.
But perhaps the most shocking part of all in this debate was when the incumbent Senator used Joe Miller’s distinguished military service as a means to attack him. Joe Miller graduated from West Point, fought in Desert Storm, and was awarded the Bronze Star for his service to our country. I find it astonishing that a sitting U.S. Senator from Alaska would challenge the honor of a decorated combat veteran. Is it any wonder the audience later booed her when she again challenged Joe Miller’s honor? Please watch the video of this exchange here.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch