Mark Levin Vs. Powerline
At least in terms of grassroots blogs, I don't think it would be unfair to say that Powerline isn't usually part of the conversation, or in the mainstream of the movement. They've never seemed to bother with other bloggers that much. That's not meant to marginalize them. But they have usually seemed to have a somewhat different audience – perhaps somewhat more aligned with the establishment?
That's been my perception, anyway. I'm disappointed to see John jump in between Paul and Mark. Let the man defend himself, John. If he can't stand by himself – and he isn't doing a very good job of it, in my opinion - then you should stay out of it, or at least start acknowledging some of the other blogs out here who very often disagree with the trio of Pawlenty fans at Powerline.
JOHN adds: Mark Levin has done some great work for the conservative cause, so it is disheartening to see him playing so fast and loose with the facts. There is an unfortunate tendency among some on the right to adopt the view that no one is a *real* conservative except for them and a handful of their friends or followers. This sort of divisive, exclusionary attitude is a sure ticket to perpetual minority status, and should be avoided by all conservatives.
It isn't that Mark can't handle himself. But to see you guys teaming up on someone who has done so much for the movement – and factually, much more than the three of you at Powerline, is disappointing, at best. Most of us fight our own battles out here. That might be a good practice for the Powerline trio to think about, as well.
Now, he coyly didn't name names when making his broad attack. And he was way out of line to condemn broadly and wrongly as he did. Markos Moulitsas is a reprehensible menace. Mirengoff knows it. When he fired that shot, Mirengoff intended to smear unnamed conservatives with whom he disagrees on the O'Donnell-Castle race. Now he whines about my reaction.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch