Delaware primary: Ruling Class vs Country Class
"Yes, that’s Christine O’Donnell beside the pool at the fabulous Venetian Resort Hotel. And, no, she wasn’t wearing a bikini. She did, however, agree to wear the famous fedora I borrowed from Da Tech Guy," Stacy McCain captioned the video of his interview last summer with the tea party favorite vying for Delaware's "Biden Seat" in a primary battle that has pitched Republican against Republican in a bitter clash of Ruling Class vs Country Class, establishment vs outsider (see below).
By Sissy Willis of sisu
"This has been a complete out-of-state operation … It's not been a local campaign. It's not had local donations," keened Delaware Rep. Mike Castle as it began to dawn upon him that someone had changed the rules in the "closer-than-expected GOP Senate primary he's locked in against tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell"…
And he's right. The usual suspects among the Northeast Corridor fuddy-duddy community were tut-tutting, The Right Scoop had the video, and 140-or-fewer-character reports like Rich Lowry's tweet about Charles Krauthammer's latest oracular pronouncement on Special Report were lighting up the 'sphere late afternoon …
Either you were for the party-sanctioned left-leaning candidate or you were flaunting (thanks to ms docweasel in the comments for the usage correction) flouting Bill Buckley's caveat about electability. The old-boys network's narrative of choice: A limited-government conservative could never win the general in deep-blue Delaware. How then to explain the fact that presumably limited-government candidate O'Donnell had been good enough for the GOP establishment in previous elections? Again, electability was the excuse for throwing her under the bus with their "Nuts and Sluts" offensive. But the tea partiers weren't buying …
Full story here.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch