Sherrod Hints At Obama Being An Uncle Tom
I didn't interject the phrase Uncle Tom into this discussion. Shirley Sherrod's husband and partner of decades, Charles Sherrod did. Now, Sherrod believes Obama needs a history lesson on black America. In many ways, Obama's background is more that of a white liberal, than a black man from the South. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the Sherrods don't really see Obama as one of them - in essence, more a white man's black man, or Uncle Tom, than anything else.
She also seems to be taking her sweet old time pondering the new job offer from the administration. And while claiming to be suing Breitbart, she now says she's not interested in an apology – not that I believe one would be forthcoming.
If she's not careful, Sherrod is going to soon begin looking like someone enjoying this a little too much, while wanting much, but incapable of being satisfied even if she comes away with anything that might be thought of as reasonable. What, besides her job back, her recent too hasty canonization by the press, and her current media tour is Shirley Sherrod actually entitled to in the end? Some people feel so aggrieved as to never really become contented. I wonder if Shirley Sherrod isn't just such a person.
And, yes, she said meant to suggest that President Obama was in need of a history lesson.
“I need to have him down there so I can take him around and show him some of that history,” she said of President Obama, reiterating her offer to give him a personal tour through Georgia and help explain remarks that were taken out of context by a conservative blogger and that led to her firing.
“He hasn’t apologized and I don’t want it at this point,” she said of Mr. Breitbart, adding that she intended to sue him. “He will definitely hear from me.”
It is unclear who actually uploaded the misleading video to YouTube.
Speaking at the annual convention of the National Association of Black Journalists, Mrs. Sherrod said she has not yet decided whether she will accept the Obama administration’s offer of a new job. She said administration officials continue to call her but that she needs time to mull the media storm she has found herself in.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch