Obamas: Do As We Say, Not As We Do On Gulf Oil Spill
Michelle Obama was in Florida bemoaning the loss of vacation dollars for the region and encouraging people to visit and spend money, as the beaches there are fine. Meanwhile, unlike Bill Clinton, who changed a vacation from Martha's Vineyard to the West for political purposes, the Obamas will be headed to Maine this weekend, then back to the Vineyard for an extended vacation. Local Florida officials are not thrilled. Why is it liberals never seem to actually do what they encourage others to?
Excerpt from first link above.
From the airport the First Lady headed to the Tourist Development Council to speak with local officials and business leaders regarding the toll the BP oil disaster has taken on the local economy. "The ramifications I think will probably come maybe in another year or so, because the people who are not coming on vacation may not come back. And so it's the loss of business and unfortunately that's a way of life for us," said Panama City Beach Mayor Gayle Oberst.
The First Lady arrived at the Boardwalk Beach Resort to a rousing welcome. The 200 invited guests included state and local leaders as well as residents who've lived here their entire lives. "I've got sand in my shoes, well I guess that means I will be back, right?" said Obama.
During her 15 minute speech she praised the beauty of our beaches. "It's welcoming, it's pristine, and everybody should come here!" said Obama. She also reinforced a crucial message. "It's important for the rest of the country to know these places are just as beautiful as they have always been." Obama also shared a possible solution. "Truly, the best thing your fellow Americans can do is come down here and spend some money."
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch