In Spanish the cats would say “purr,” but the act is called “el ronroneo”
"Oracle Octopus Picks Spain in Final, Receiving Death
Threats," went the headline: "Just as Americans look to the
groundhog for signs of what the future holds, German soccer fans
have their own animal prophet, Paul the Octopus." Hey, guys, I'm just a cephalopod
out here looking for a good meal. Terrifying how stupefyingly
stupid members of our own species can be when
mortal sins are in play, but hey. That's the nature of the beast.
By Sissy Willis of sisu
"Pablo el puplo pulpo!" — Paul the Octopus — twittered Cubachi
this afternoon, basking in the afterglow of Spain's World Cup victory.
We have zero interest in soccer — closest we ever came to involvement of
any kind was playing goalie for the high school field hockey team way
back when, which was a real yawner — but thanks to Twitter, Cubachi has
blessed us with a new word that makes us purr:
Cubachi: Since Jake
Tapper's cat is betting on a win by #ESP, I
taught it how to say "meow" in Spanish: "miau"
Cubachi: In Spanish the
cats would say "purr" but the
act is called "el ronroneo"
true Chelsea is a sanctuary city with a robust Hispanic citizenry, but who knew Tiny spoke Spanish?
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch