Nikki Haley For the Win!
"Nikki Haley, center, along with friends and family, reacted as the runoff election was called in her favor in Columbia, S.C., on Tuesday," the NYT captioned this Brett Flashnick/Associated Press photo.
By Sissy Willis of sisu
"Poor Scott Brown. Haley hasn't even won and she's the next great GOP hope," twittered Teresa Kopec about an hour ago in response to Ben Smith's retweet of this bit from
CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby:
Nikki Haley's stage at the SC state museum is right next to the "Confederate relic room." Hard to
avoid history here.
Now early birds like ourselves are twittering the election results from the highest hill:
The first-generation golden-girl daughter of Indian Sikh immigrants who left their native land to pursue the American Dream, rising political star Nikki Haley has weathered the slings and arrows of outrageous South Carolina political opponents' "raghead" slurs and unsubstantiated accusations of extramarital affairs, capturing the hearts and minds not only of South Carolina conservatives, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney and the Republican
Governors Association, but of small-government, free-market tea-party types like ourselves from across the nation. As we blogged a couple of weeks back:
This newly energized conservative army of woman warriors,
their hearts and minds not hobbled by postmodern feminism's identity-politics imperative, is unafraid to boldly go where too few women in this land of the free and home of the brave have gone before.
We haven't felt this good about an election result since our own Mushy Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown won the "People's Seat" long squatted upon by the seemingly immovable late Senator Teddy Kennedy in
last January's special election. Unlike Brown, whose election we fervently promulgated, even as we are not always happy with his RINO-esque votes, Nikki Haley is a true fiscal conservative who gets our Shining-City-Upon-a-Hill juices flowing.
Update: Richard Viguerie FTW:
The Tea Party steamroller is rolling big government Republicans right out of town.
Update II: It's the territorial imperative, stupid:
Update III: Michell Malkin "Buzzworthy" link!
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch