Updated: Steele Is Correct On Blacks And The GOP
RightScoop responds to my post here, we've been hitting it on Twitter. As I said there, if some want Steele gone in January, have the discussion, argument then. For now, the enemy has a D after it's name. As I have mostly been doing, I want to keep my sights targeted on them … if I want to be all eliminationist about it and everything!
By focusing on only one line from remarks RNC Chair Michael Steele made to a group, one has to wonder if some folks don't have issues with blacks they actually do need to resolve. Slamming Steele for these remarks is not helpful to the GOP because Steele is correct. He isn't calling for the GOP to change it's positions, as many white so called RINOs regularly do. He's speaking to the GOP's inability to pierce barriers built up by the Left in his own effort to do that very thing. And for that, he should be criticized? I don't get it. I really don't.
While it's true that blacks tend to monolithically support Democrats, it's also true that the GOP often abandons black outreach because they see it as impractical. That may jibe with the economics of voter outreach required to win one election. But it does nothing to reverse the overall trend. That so many white Republicans and conservatives seem so ready to embrace a misleading Politico headline, while being reluctant to have a candid conversation of the underlying truth is more dangerous to the GOP and the Republican Party, than anything Michael Steele has ever said, or done. Attacks on Steele for this are simply pedaling dumb, lowest common denominator crap and they, not Steele, deserve to be called out for what they are.
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele told a group of students that African-Americans “don’t have a reason” to vote for Republicans.
“You really don’t have a reason, to be honest,” Steele responded, as was first reported by the Chicago Sun-Times. “We haven’t done a very good job of giving you one.”
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch