Sarah Palin’s Double Standard
Update: May as well have this on the record, too. When LL Cool J made a fuss this AM, I stood up for Palin and said via Twitter, he looked like a biatch for complaining. Maybe I wasn't generous enough with the term. heh!
Not real smart, Sarah. Palin makes a fuss about having her name taken off of a list of various SRLC speakers, as the particular invite deals with an RNC fund raising event going on at the same time.
The RNC invitation touts Palin along with other SRLC speakers, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Fox News host Sean Hannity, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.), as “invited speakers” for the event.
Problem is, on the very same day, she did basically the exact same thing to pimp her upcoming show by pushing LL Cool J and Toby Keith. She never actually interviewed either one. Congrats, you just made both events look like they're more about you in your eyes, than anything, or anyone else. Sorry, no well played from me for Sarah on this one. The faithful might love it. But you come off looking more like a prima donna than anything. Let the I'm a Palin hater comments commence. zzzzzz I call 'em like I see 'em. You don't have to like it, folks.
"Real American Stories features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe Mr. Smith's interview fit that criteria. However, as it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."
Attempts to reach LL Cool J for comment proved unsuccessful. Perhaps he intends a more recent Twitter entry to serve as his rejoinder to the Fox statement: "Nobody can bring you peace but yourself."
Update: Looks like the confusion isn't limited to the hip hop genre. Toby Keith's publicist tells the New York Times that Keith has never done an interview with Palin and she had no idea he was being used in the Palin special. She believes that Fox will be recycling an interview Keith gave Fox in 2009.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch