Left Flails As CNN Hires Conservative Blogger: Courage!
Steve Benen at Washington Monthly questions CNN's professional standards. Are there any, given Olberman's tenure at MSNBC? And CNN is already too conservative for Benen, evidently. Geesh! Get out much?
This is easily the worst decision CNN has ever made. That the network probably reviewed Erickson's work before hiring him, and offered him a job anyway, suggests CNN's professional standards for what constitutes "an important voice" have all but disappeared.
The point here isn't that it's disappointing to see CNN hire yet another conservative voice, adding to its already-large stable of conservative voices. To be sure, it's frustrating, but it's nothing new.
The usually comic, intentionally, or not, Sadly No bemoans the death of our media, predicting bankruptcy for CNN. Better check with the New York Times on that one, guys.
Echidine of the Snakes claims to not be able to stop laughing, but manages to do so long enough to try and find any previous Erickson quote they may perceive as an issue. Here's laughing at you, clowns.
The Impolitic begins a CNN Deathwatch, claiming Ted Turner must be sad to see his station take such a huge fall. As if that isn't what already happened over the last decade, or more.
Liberal Values christens CNN the Conservative News Network. One can only imagine how they view Fox.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch