Update: Glenn Beck Gets Religion, Wrong
Update: With more history on the mis-quote.
Right up front, for the Beck Heads who have already dismissed the importance of this before even reading it, you're wrong, too. Beck claims George Washington as a passion of his. He has a multi-person research staff and makes millions doing this shtick. Yet, he ignorantly puts words in Washington's mouth, words that Washington never spoke, or wrote?
BECK for March 5, 2010 GLENN BECK, HOST: Welcome to THE GLENN BECK PROGRAM. (…)
But let me give you the words of George Washington, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." You know what? There was one thing the kids in this video had right. Our educational system is failing them.
And if you as a parent do not fill that void, fill that void with knowledge and information – nature abhors a vacuum. Barack Obama – his progressive propaganda fringe – they will fill it. They will fill it.
And now Beck's conducting an American Revival tour with at least some religious overtones? What a convenient mis-quote, far from his first. Glenn Beck is doing precisely what he rightly accuses the Leftists of doing, filling heads with mush when it suits his purposes. Only he's doing it from the other side of the political spectrum. And that's wrong, as well as potentially disastrous for the Right.
We need to reject demagogy in all its forms. And if Beck can't clean up his act given all his resources, then we have to reject him. No agenda will prevail to good effect with an ignorant buffoon leading the effort.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch