Andrew Sullivan And Leftist Blogs Are In Decline

March 6, 2010

There are various methods of measuring a blog's success. You could debate one versus another forever and never reach a consensus. Most blogs are unique and the value of any single one is highly subjective. However, all reasonably accurate methods for measuring blogs do allow you to spot trends.

Based on Wikio's rankings, if Andrew Sullivan and Leftist blogs are doing anything today, they are going down as regards their influence, while the Right is on the rise.

In my case, Wikio emailed and I added the code for their political blogs when I broke into the top 100 over a year ago. I'm currently at number 34. These are link, not traffic rankings.

Ace of Spades is at 35, then Taegan Goddard's Political Wire, George's (Stephanopulus) Bottom Line, Doug Ross at Journal, with Andy Sullivan's Daily Dishrag at 39, still trending down. And Don Surber is one below him, trending up.

Beyond that one slice of the blogosphere, scanning them all reveals an indisputable fact. According to Wikio, the influence of Sullivan and the Leftist blogs is on the way down, while Right-side blogs continue to rise.

It's morning in the American blogosphere, my friends. Have a nice day! heh!

Comments:
  1. Glad we’re on the growth side of the equation, lolol- I welcome Mr Sullivan’s readers!
    Linked today at the Reaganite Republican… enjoy your weekend, hope you’re feeling better…

2. Mrs. Peperium says:

Congratulations!

3. smitty says:

Dan,
    Thanks for the Wikio tip. With Technorati seemingly parked in the toilet, Wikio looks like a better route.
    R,
    C

4. davis,br says:

…you just made my weekend Dan. I’ve been too busy to read much, or many, but my stops here are always a treasure.

5. Xiaoding says:

I was hanging out a a left of center site for awhile, there was some good information there.
    But I discovered one thing…the right blogosphere has it’s share of crazys and loons. The left side, also. But, it’s the BEST of the left side bloggers, who go crazy, whereas the best of the right side, they are solid as a rock.
    The lefty blogs are going down, for the very same reason that the lefty newspapers are going down. Lack of credibility. On serious issues.
    Take the war, for instance. I’m not too fond of it right now, but I’m coming from the right side of the spectrum. So, you would think, I could at least make some common cause witht the anti-war left, on this issue? The short answer is NO.
    They will make the critisism that the war is best handled by police forces now, instead of the Army. Fair enough.
    But, let those same police forces, actually do their job, by , say, detaining a student carrying 200 flash cards with Arabic writng on them for a few hours, and there is not enough slobber and spittle in the world to contain their reaction!
    When you point out to them, that, by their own argument, they must support the police forces, else they contradict themselves, well, I don’t have have to tell you what they say to that. :) They most definetly want it both ways.
    People are making the same judgement that I was forced to make, that the left is full of children, with no sense of responsibility, who cannot stomach any use of authority, for any reason. And that’s the BEST of them. Any wonder people do not want to hear what they have to say?

6. M. Simon says:

Well if Smitty is going to chime in I will too.
    I run a small (400 hits a day) libertarian/technical blog on blogspot. I have noticed a steady increase of followers (those who get automatic announcements of new posts) esp in the last 6 months.
    Of course the other place I blog (Classical Values) has had a good following for some time (before I joined).
    What is most interesting to me is that the number of comments from deranged leftist has fallen off considerably in the last few months. Esp. on the subject of Catastrophic CO2 Induced Global Warming. The air is going out of the Left.

7. M. Simon says:

Well if Smitty is going to chime in I will too.

8. 適切 says:

Of course all of this missing the big story: the rise of blogs in other languages, especially Chinese

9. Fred says:

Thanks for this article. I needed a sliver of hope for America.

10. sisu says:

Cutting through the nuanced underbrush of leftist logorrhea

“Like the Impressionist painters, the Pictorialists reveled in the effect of atmosphere, or conveyed the wistful emotion of an ethereal young beauty caught in a delicate reverie,” wrote a reviewer of the exhibition “Truth Beauty: Pictorialism and the P…

11. Barry Soetoro (D-King Of The World!) says:

This uh, uh, artical is uh, clearly racist and uh, was written by an uh, uh,, bitter-clinger!
    OsamaHusseinIslamObama 2012′
    (the terrorist-Uighur-ACORN-media choice)
    -It’s never too early to campaign-