Budget Freeze, Or Is Obama Frozen In The Headlights?
It seems to me, Obama wants to give American voters sort of an IQ Test. By sorting out the dumb ones that believe there's really much to his budget freeze, at least he can get a sense of his ever dwindling base.
John Merline weighs in at Sphere. One look at a Memorandum link suggests Obama doesn't have a base left at all. None of the large Lefty blogs are buying it. Other elements of his plan looks like a scattering of crumbs, hoping other elements of his base might find their way home to him. I wouldn't bet on it. He'll need more than one half-hearted attempt at re-positioning himself, now. He lost the battle to define himself throughout this past year.
(Jan. 26) – If the old cliché about how "little things mean a lot" holds true in the world of Washington spending, then the Obama administration's plan to freeze some federal spending for three years is a big deal.
But that's about the only way this plan could be characterized as a big deal. By every other measure, it's microcosmic.
Here are some relevant numbers:
First, the share of the budget affected by the freeze is small – just 13 percent, based on Congressional Budget Office data for 2011 (the administration says 17 percent). That's because President Obama has taken most of the big spending areas off the table, including defense, Medicare and Social Security.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch