Beck On Scott Brown: Could End With A Dead Intern

January 20, 2010

Oh, I know. It's just comedy. But it won't be in two years when liberals supporting Brown's opponent troll it up to initiate a discussion around Scott Brown's victory speech – without the context of the whole thing. Nah, they'll just be citing a former CPAC speaker to engage in smear tactics against Brown because Beck is being given political credibility by the Right.

Most won't appreciate that, now. But Beck's radio show which, truthfully, relatively few people listen to compared to the other national hosts, will provide the Left with a treasure trove of remarks taken out of context to hurt the Right at the polls. But, why should Beck care? He's getting paid for it, after all.

“Bad enough,” said Beck after he played the initial comment. “Hey my two daughters on the meat market!”

If he had made the comment, said Beck, his daughters would “never have spoken to me again,” and his wife? “Collection of my parts in drawers scattered throughout my house.”

After Beck played more of the clip, making his own commentary throughout (including a reference to the infamous Cosmo spread), he took the whole thing to the next level. “I want a chastity belt on this man,” he said, while his producer tried to justify Brown’s comments. “I want his every move watched in Washington. I don’t trust this guy…This one could end with a dead intern. I’m just saying, it could end with a dead intern.”

Comments:
  1. Jeff S. says:

Beck’s comments are proof (as if we needed any) that hubristic overreach is not limited to our Dear Leader.

2. Allen G says:

It’s Beck. You kind of have to take the Good with the Bad. Unfortunately, the bad makes the good less desirable.
    It would help if he weren’t crazy.

3. mark l. says:

to my knowledge, neither has any kids.

4. Karl says:

I was surprised hearing Beck making this comment during his show. I think it was uncalled for and he admits not knowing him after all. I remember him saying in the past about down to earth people running with rough edges nobody
    heard of before. A comment like this about Cosmo … almost 30 years ago give me a break. At least Brown has a history. In Browns speech the line about his daughters, well I wouldn’t have made it but he sure was exited about his victory. You are absolutely right I bet you will hear this soundbite in the future again in some of the coming elections.

5. A Stephens says:

Beck, Beck, Beck, oy.
    On the comment about the daughters, this is a very secure and healthy family, who, in spite of the haughty air they were in, had the humor to do a little inside baseball on that stage. Good for them.

6. Philip McDaniel says:

Beck is becoming more irrelevant all the time.

7. Ricky says:

Can you say “overnight values transplant” (Where is Sarah Palin when you need her!) Referring to the left’s fake “outrage” about “daughter-gate”.
    I wonder what Beck’s agenda is sometimes. But he is really good at exposing the hypocrisy, idiocy and danger of the progressive agenda, and I can live with him for that reason.
    I have concerns about Brown, though not the concerns that Beck has.

8. Amy says:

It’s easy to take snark out of context. I think you can either be a comedian or political pundit, not both.
    It’s unfortunate that by the time the amazing true Brown victory story trickles down through the most-quoted opinion content generators to the average content consumer, the amazing truth is chopped up into meaningless snark particles.

9. Jeff says:

as scandalized as Beck was with Brown remark, Browns daughters were apparently even more shocked … I think Brown was just having alittle fun with his daughters, one of whom had a bigger national profile than her dad until about 2 weeks ago …

10. Ragspierre says:

It was STOOOOOOPID and mean when he said it. He should have IMMEDIATELY back-tracked.
    What a maroon…

11. templar knight says:

The man made a joke at his daughter’s expense. He’ll suffer for it at home, I’ll guarantee you that. I know, I have a daughter!
    And Beck ought to keep his mouth shut, and if I were 20 years younger, I’d go after Ayla Brown, in a good sort of a way. Will you have dinner with me, Ayla? I love singing and basketball, in that order, and she is one beautiful young woman.

12. SacTownMan says:

Why do you think they don’t let Barry speak without the TOTUS!!!
    Shooting from the hip means you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot!!

13. Jimbo says:

Why do you think they don’t let Barry speak without the TOTUS!!!
    Shooting from the hip means you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot!!
    Posted by: SacTownMan | Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 05:21 PM
    This post is about that wackjob Beck – not our landslide elected president. If you can’t control your bigotry – even for a moment – then do the right thing – die now. I am hopeful you haven’t produced any children at this point. The world does not need your DNA around anymore.

14. Huey says:

A few thoughts:
    Scott Brown, on a national stage with the brightest lights, couldn’t disengage his mouth even though his family was clearly telegraphing that he was going too far while he was going too far…and kept going. I CRINGED while I watched that portion of his speech. Otherwise, it was a pretty good speech. But that part….sheesh.
    Beck. What the hell was that???? There’s funny and there’s funny to your audience. This was neither. Get better writers or better editors or better friends who’ll tell you what ain’t funny.

15. V says:

Nasty little puke with major truck envy… coming to the unsettling realization that tennis shoes and mad strokes on a chalk board don’t hold up quite as well as fatigues, a friendly smile, a muddy pick up truck and a successful action plan. Get over yourself, Glenn and learn to like the tiny piece of turf you’ve staked out for yourself. Small minds, small aims.

16. Sally says:

Dads are often dorky and can say embarrassing things, especially when they try to be funny. Daughters know this. The Brown girls are college age and clearly can handle themselves AND can very definitely find dates on their own. That’s what made it cute and kind of sweet. Normal people got a laugh out of it. Glenn Beck making it into a scandal or something helps Scott Brown because the more distance he puts between a Glenn Beck and himself the better of he’ll be.
    Scott Brown is who a dweeb like Glenn Beck wishes he could be. In another lifetime maybe.

17. V says:

Sally, couldn’t agree with you more: “Glenn Beck making it into a scandal or something helps Scott Brown because the more distance he puts between a Glenn Beck and himself the better of he’ll be.”

18. JLake says:

Beck’s got some serious problems if he thinks this is funny. He’s been getting very creepy lately.
    P.S.-The chicken little crap is getting beyond old.

19. Dan says:

Dan, and he is speaking at CPAC! lol Lets give the left all the ammunition we can! lol

20. Rick says:

“Why do you think they don’t let Barry speak without the TOTUS!!!
    Shooting from the hip means you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot!!
    Posted by: SacTownMan | Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 05:21 PM”
    Precisely right….and certainly bigoted. I mean, that’s obvious!
    Cordially…

21. Hoot Gibson says:

What a collection of Obama Underwear sniffers…I’m glad Brown won, but they guy is no Conservative.
    And to say Beck’s Radio Show is not all that listened to…compared to who?
    If you pukes consider yourselves Conservatives, I want out!

22. Hoot Gibson says:

What a collection of Obama Underwear sniffers…I’m glad Brown won, but the guy is no Conservative.
    And to say Beck’s Radio Show is not all that listened to…compared to who?
    If you pukes consider yourselves Conservatives, I want out!

23. GuyfromNH says:

Used to enjoy Beck a lot, but lately he’s entered tinfoil hat land, with breathless examinations of the design back of a dime, FEMA death camps and the nasty influences of Roosevelt… Teddy, that is… and these comments. Ick. Just ick.

24. Beck is the Keith Olbermann of the right, and I found his comment on his show to be shameful.

25. If libs want to troll for comments, they can get them from RWV or any other place on the web or on the air. Is everyone’s gonna sit around worrying about what they say because it might (probably will) get twisted someday by a lib?!? Sufferin’ succotash!
    I didn’t think what Beck said was particularly funny, but everybody’s a critic these days. And I agree with the last commenter about the unbelievability of “not all that listened to”. Oh well, another day on the Intertubes.

26. Wait – Glenn Beck is a drug addict and alcoholic – he is divorced.
    And, gee, Scott Brown has none of those problems.
    Thanks, Glenn, for proving once again what a small minded power hungry fool you are.

27. V says:

Hoot: here ya go… this is right where you belong buddy. At the margins, in a sand box:

28. “This post is about that wackjob Beck – not our landslide elected president.”
    Only a libtard dumbass would call 52.9% a “landslide”. Then again, we _are_ dealing with Bimbo here.
    “If you can’t control your bigotry – even for a moment – then do the right thing – die now. I am hopeful you haven’t produced any children at this point. The world does not need your DNA around anymore.”
    Mighty brave when no one knows where you’re hiding, aren’t you, chickens**t?
    Bet you wouldn’t dare say that to anyone’s face, now would you?

29. papertiger says:

to my knowledge, neither has any kids.
    Or genitalia.

30. sane_voter says:

“the wierdest couple to critique brown’s ‘daughter-gate’ had to be the back and forth of olbermann and maddow.
    to my knowledge, neither has any kids.”

31. John Burke says:

It’s not comedy. I’ve always thought Beck to be a dangerous screwball and this confirms it. He has only one agenda: himself. This was an Olberman-like effort to draw attention to himself amidst the hoopla about Brown. That it was mean, vicious and scurrilous is just Beck being Beck. Conservatives should give this guy a very wide birth. His TV influence will soon peak and go poof. Why? Because he’s a flake.

32. templar knight says:

“..olbermann and maddow…neither has any kids.”
    Darth, I have three children, and have instilled a conservative/libertarian outlook on life, always remembering that big government always turns into an agent of oppression.
    Jimbo, you’re the poster boy for what is so vile, hateful and awful about liberals, and you’re a coward as well. Keep it up, boy. We’ll have more Scott Browns in the Senate due to people like you.

33. bandit says:

It’s pretty obvious why neither KO or Maddow have kids. I’ve known Scott for a long time and he’s a super straight arrow. Maybe the joke about the daughters availability was embarrassing for the girls but the ‘dead intern’ stuff is insane.