Obama Waited 8 Months To Appoint New TSA Head
The story the media would like us to believe is that, it's all Jim DeMint's fault there isn't a new head at the TSA right now. But it's a bit more complex than that. To start with, Obama didn't appoint a potential replacement until September. Now, suddenly there's a rush? And other reports insist it wouldn't make much difference anyway, as the acting team is far more directly experienced for now. Also note, even the funny dummies at DU claim Errol* Southers has abused his authority wherever he's been.
Still, as Heritage pointed out, it's all about unionization in the end. Southers won't agree to retain the existing policy to keep the TSA non-union. Like a good Democrat, perhaps, it's always better to have government workers more concerned with protecting their jobs, than the land and people of the US. Now the story line is to read, Republicans are politicizing the issue. No, Democrats did that by making it a unionization issue to start with. All Southers has to do is agree that a non-union approach is best in the TSA's case. But he won't.
WASHINGTON — An attempt to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration – if there was one.
The post remains vacant because Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., has held up President Barack Obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of TSA workers joining a labor union.
Meanwhile, Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., said in a statement that the TSA had grown lost and bloated in bureaucracy and called for a review.
Mica also said Congress "must change the process by which TSA administrators serve. There has been no TSA administrator for nearly a year and the next one will be the fifth in eight years. Running a security agency with a revolving door is a recipe for failure."
* Corrected typo, or perhaps a freudian slip: was Error Southers.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch