Obama Changes Copenhagen Plans, Invites Huge Failure, Again
How many times have we seen this strategy explode in Obama's face only one year into his term? He did the very same thing with the Olympics to disastrous effect.
By switching his visit from Dec. 9 to Dec. 18, Obama appears to be betting that his presence can – as he has expressed hope for several times in the past – push the negotiations "over the top" toward an agreement.
Obama continues to think this is all about him, somehow. Will he never learn? And he continues to believe that, all things considered, the American people are going to be fine with more of our tax dollars flowing overseas to bring this charade about? Obama has set himself on course for the most tragically failed presidency in recent history with his decisions on both Afghanistan and now Copenhagen just this week.
This week, the President discussed the status of the negotiations with Prime Minister Rudd, Chancellor Merkel, President Sarkozy, and Prime Minister Brown and concluded that there appears to be an emerging consensus that a core element of the Copenhagen accord should be to mobilize $10 billion a year by 2012 to support adaptation and mitigation in developing countries, particularly the most vulnerable and least developed countries that could be destabilized by the impacts of climate change.
While realizing they can change, as things stand, Obama is going to be looking like an incompetent neophyte on a global scale and a failed war potus by 2012. As the economy will be the main predicate upon which his term is judged and all reasonable analysts predict on going serious trouble for what amounts to years, there is not going to be a single great accomplishment to which he will be able to point as grounds for his re-election.
Yes, the political earth can shift in the span of three years. However, if it doesn't, any thoughts of re-election he may currently harbor are all but doomed.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch