Update 3: Man ID’d – Misses Palin With Tomatoes, Hits Cop In Face
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (FOX 9) – A man was arrested for throwing tomatoes at Sarah Palin during her book signing on Monday at the Mall of America.
Jeremy Olson, 33, allegedly threw two tomatoes from the second balcony, however did not come close to hitting Palin.
Update 2: Well, we know there were some Democrat activists present, not that these folks are linked to the incident. What are the chances some Democrat activist was? I'd think pretty good.
Josh Preston, a 19 year old political science major, said he was wearing a Wellstone T-shirt under his garb, a nod to the Democrat he is and the community organizer he hopes to be. But he and the other University of Minnesota/Morris students who pulled an all-nighter to win their place in line wanted to see the woman whose prominence has made history.
Update: A news video report from the event. Tomato throwing incident not covered in that.
I always suspected Progressives threw like sissies. Here's the proof. Aiming at Sarah Palin, not only missing completely, but catching a Cop square in the face?? Priceless! Maybe he should have stuck to throwing something more his speed, like ACORNs, instead! heh!
A man was arrested for allegedly throwing two tomatoes at Sarah Palin from the second floor balcony during a book signing event at the Mall of America in Minnesota, MyFoxTwinCities.com. reported.
Neither tomato came close hitting the former 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, but did hit a police officer in the face, the station reported.
The unidentified man may face charges for assaulting a police officer, according to the station.
Die-hard supporters treated the event like another Black Friday, lining up outside in freezing weather before the mall doors opened at 5 a.m.
Emily Calhoon, a high school junior from Minnetonka, took the day off school with a group of fellow students and arrived at 4:45 a.m. Calhoon, 16, said she likes Palin's conservatism.
"She's a lot more relatable than the stereotypical old rich white male," said Calhoon as she waited in line, clutching a copy of Palin's memoir of her life and political career, "Going Rogue."
The former Alaska governor arrived just before noon
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch