Containment? It’s Still Dumb
I can appreciate the Wow quality of someone, Ben Smith at Politico in this case, quickly and concisely naming what we've been debating for some time – why is the WH focusing so much on Fox News push back? The reality is, it's still a bad idea because of this WH's limited, top down view of the world.
But I think Mike Allen and Josh Gerstein nail the real explanation in their story today: The White House is working to prevent stories born on Fox from crossing over into more widely-viewed media. Most Americans still haven’t heard of Van Jones, for instance; and the strategy is now all about containment…
So what if Fox and some others, Right wing talk, for example, are effectively walled off, somehow? In the first place it likely won't work. But even if it did, it's still the American people with ever more media and sources to get their news that you ultimately have to control.
The American people are smarter than this White House in my opinion. They have an inherent ability to see and appreciate good information and BS when they come upon them, no matter where it turns up. That's why more and more people have already begun tuning into Fox.
Keep it up WH guys. By the time you're done with this nonsense, Right-side media will be bigger and stronger than it is already because it's driven by what the American people think and decide – not some editorialist for the fast going bankrupt New York Times.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch