Was Census Worker Bill Sparkman A Child Predator?
Update: Before any more people start going bonkers that I'm accusing Sparkman of anything, take a breath. I've done a fair amount of crime blogging mixed in with politics over time. One doesn't rule anything in or out without some firm answers. People feel free to speculate about Meth labs and pot fields but none have been reported in the area, yet. All I'm doing is looking at any and all possibilities. You'd think a moonshiner, or Meth head would have just buried the guy. Why hang him and invite the Feds into it by writing Fed on his chest? Why strip him naked and bind and gag him, which has serious sexual overtones?
I have no idea what happened, but from the reporting I've seen, neither does anyone else. If he adopted a boy as a single man, or was married and split with the wife and kids, who knows. But I never assume I know a story or motive until I know it. Right now we don't. I'm simply speculating on one possible alternative, however impolite.
Someone may as well say it given some peculiar details. The strangest quote I've seen in all the reporting around apparently murdered Census worker Bill Sparkman is this one from his Mother located in Florida.
“I have my own ideas, but I can't say them out loud. Not at this point,” she said. “Right now, what I'm doing, I'm just waiting on the FBI to come to some conclusion.”
She didn't say she had been advised not to speculate. Being in Florida she has nothing to fear from Kentucky locals, so why the secrecy? Add that to the somewhat mysterious way this case is being revealed by authorities and whatever is behind it, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another surprise in store here.
The condition of the body and his being naked also seems curious. Why strip someone down to their socks only to kill them? Finally Sparkman's bio and work history suggests at the least he was not just your average guy. No teaching degree, no full-time means of employment and no wife or kids so far as I am aware. But he certainly did gravitate towards children. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't a revenge killing disguised to look like something else. If he did have issues in this regard and messed with the wrong kid, it isn't as if something like that can be ruled out until we know more.
Sparkman’s mother, Henrie Sparkman of Inverness, Fla., told The Associated Press her son was an Eagle scout who moved to the area to be a local director for the Boy Scouts of America. She said he later became a substitute teacher in Laurel County and supplemented that income as a Census worker.
There also seems to be a huge number of small unnamed cemeteries in that area. I haven't even seen the name of the cemetery he was found in released. Interesting case, if nothing else. But I'm far from certain it has any political ramifications.
More RiehlWorldView News
- As “In the Know” As Holder: Obama learned of IRS scandal via media
- Food Stamp program up from 35 to $80 billion on Obama’s Watch
- Hofstra hostage John Kourtessis tells of seeing Andrea Rebello shot dead
- Socialism: Taxes on some wealthy French top 100% of income last year
- Hofstra student Andrea Rebello killed by police, not Dalton Smith
- Mia Love: “We have some unfinished business with Jim Matheson” in 2014
- So, Take That You Dumb Tea Partiers!!
- Gunned down, Zahra Shahid Hussain, Senior Female Reformist Pakistan politician
- FLOTUS gave ‘stirring speech’ to Nashville HS off campus thanks to ‘rats, radon, water damage, mold, crumbling walls and leaky ceilings’
- Some Pa. colleges allow students to carry guns as PA Gov’s lawyers say ban Unconstitutional