A 9/12 Experience: Dangerous Times
Michelle has a disturbing video posted. It's of several black students beating a white student on a school bus in St. Louis. Here's the deal. I haven't mentioned it before.
Riding out of DC on the Metro, 9/12, there were some folks from South Dakota and also another Mid-West state I can't recall in the same Metro car. We were talking, nothing special, really – politics, of course.
In the back were maybe ten or so black kids taking up that section of the car. There was no confrontation, just one or two of them talking loudly enough to make sure they'd be heard.
Without resorting to the poor diction it was along the lines of, these are the people who think Obama is the anti-Christ. That McCain he wasn't chit. Obama's going to be president as long as he wants, so these people better get used to it, etc. It went on but not really to a level that was so loud, or so confrontational that it needed to be addressed.
We just ignored them without much trouble at all.
Yeah, they were technically thugs. But the reality was they were still wannabes really, pretty young, not that big, or many. And if the several adults there for 9/12 actually needed to do something about it, the kids wouldn't have lasted very long. Maybe if they were bigger, or more numerous, it might have been worse. Or it may not have happened at all. Who knows?
But what's unfortunately becoming increasingly clear is that, for the people who thought Obama's election would make America post-racial? I'm afraid you're wrong. Some of the potential racial narratives that may still play out during his presidency might not be that pretty at all.
I can't say as I'm not concerned that America might not end up more racially divided than we've been in 30 years. And that burden is as much, if not more Obama's to carry as it is anyone else's. Whether he's up to that along with everything else, we'll have to wait and see.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Edward Snowden speaks to Chinese newspaper
- Secret Service “Visits” Outspoken Twitter Critic of Obama?
- Syrian Islamists Executed Mohammed Qatta, 14 in front of his family
- NSA leakers girlfriend says shes a “pole-dancing superhero”
- David Brooks Thinks Ed Snowden Is Matt Drudge
- Edward Snowden missing in Hong Kong
- Phila Crane operator Sean Benschop allegedly high while working on demolition
- It’s an ‘Information Highway’, Not a Private Drive: People Resigned to Little Privacy
- Smoking Gun? 2010 email alerted IRS in DC of targeting
- LOL “PRISM’d? NYTs Quietly Softened Its Scathing Obama Editorial