Sarah Palin: They Just Don’t Get Her, Or Us
No, I'm not just trolling Sarah Palin links today to generate traffic, though it often does. This weekend's episode has generated many informational, or otherwise worthwhile, thoughtful posts about Sarah Palin. Say what you want, this woman captivates like no one else, especially the GOP-aligned political class and the Left. But she does more than just that.
She engages the Right, somehow, or, actually, causes them to engage on a level they don't with most politicians today. In short, they think about her. I know enough psychology that such a thing suggests they do it as it somehow connects to them. Try as we might, we are and will always be relatively self-centric, not to be read as self-centered, as human beings.
While we have our sense of family, friends, and even God … when we look out at the stars alone at night, there is, in the end, only us. Politically speaking, conservatives don't feel very well understood today by the media, the elites and much of the political class – call it the world. And that is no superficial thing.
And like us, I believe many feel those classes above don't understand Sarah Palin very well, either. So, perhaps it's that, more than anything else, that causes many conservatives to think both of and about her the way they do, as they see her as a reflection of the real them. It's a thought, anyway.
And with that, a more thoughtful post from Sissy Willis, someone whose thoughtful and delicately refined blog presence I've admired for years out here, without ever acknowledging it, or connecting, such as it is – self-centric, all to varying degrees, like I said! And sometimes I'm bad that way. heh!
Like President Obama when it comes to the rationale behind police work in Cambridge, when it comes to the rationale behind Sarah Palin's stepping down from her Alaska governorship Sunday, Palinologists have a nasty habit of rushing to judgment in a fact-challenged cloud of psychological denial and projection, curiously incurious about what makes "the other" tick.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch