Jesse Griffin: Latest Developments
After not hearing back from Alaska School Superintendent Carol Comeau's office, I continued to call them until I reconnected with an assistant in her office. Based on more detailed conversation, all I can do at this time is present my working theory, which may change before going on air with Eddie Burke at 8 PM ET, 4 PM Alaska time tonight. That should be available live here.
After some discussion, she began talking about politics and First Amendment concerns, etc. This caused me to become concerned that Jesse Griffin's statements were correct. But that he may have resigned to try and make this go away, and prevent any further investigation.
The assistant agreed to listen to some of his more disturbing content posted consistently on his blog and also explain the MySpace linkage. Questions as to why this may have taken so long to be appreciated by them, or for them to become aware of the story can be answered at a later time.
Whether they now opt to call me, a blogger, back, and discuss the issue in general terms while respecting any personnel laws, or regulations as I suggested, I can't say. However, I did advise them that, along with Eddie Burke tonight, I do know that both Mark Levin and Bill O'Reilly seem to both be tuned into this story to some degree. I offered them a chance to get in front of the story before it became larger news, or perhaps an O'reilly producer showed up in Alaska with a microphone and camera stuck in their face.
Whether they do, or not, and how this may play out and be covered, … or not, going forward, I can't be sure. But I do hope to make the case to Alaska listeners of Eddie Burke tonight that this can not be allowed simply to go away because an apparent liar in smearing Sarah Palin just quit and may need looking at in further, even more troubling ways.
When doing this type of blogging, I endeavor to show readers as much as I can about how news develops, not just how it turns out. I thought I'd provide an update to that end. If more people understood blogging and treated them with more regard than they do, America might actually start getting better news. But then liars no better than political hacks, and often worse, like Jesse Griffin don't do much to advance that cause in the end.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch