Cash For Clunkers Bust
Why do things like this happen? A government plan to take older cars off the road, now thanks to them, Americans shopping for a used car (read NOT the rich) get to pay higher prices for whatever they buy, or buy less car. Who knows, maybe they go without that new used car. Just great. And it happens because a bunch of meddling politicians with a feel good plan have no experience with, or appreciation for how markets work.
You think this is bad? Wait until they finish meddling with GM and the Financial Industry, we'll all be lucky if we aren't broke. This is not new people. It is not a rare event. It happens every time the government takes our money and meddles in the private sector. And that just points to the double nature of this hit, which makes it all the more insulting.
They take our money through taxes, then maybe take a little more so they can buy up old cars, or to service the debt on what they borrowed to buy them in the first place. And what do taxpayers get in return? Higher prices for used cars.
That's called sticking it to you coming and going. Usually people who do that are called crooks, or scam artists and end up in jail. These crooks end up in government cars also paid for by our dime. And when they want to take the family on vacation? They schedule a junket overseas that just happens to hit on the hot spots where the well-heeled like to play. We don't get to go, we just get to pay. And with Obama and the Dems, all we can expect is more, more, more for them, them, them. Isn't it time people stood up together to this craziness and said, hey, what about me for a change? See here for the rest of this miserable tale.
The much ballyhooed Cash for Clunkers program has had the unintended consequences of driving up the cost of new and used vehicles and used auto parts, according to independent studies of the auto markets. The Cash for Clunkers program demonstrates the danger of government trying to micro-manage supply and demand, and is a warning as to the dangers of Democratic plans for health care restructuring and a cap-and-trade system.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch