Careful What You Wish For
Via Michelle, Stacy McCain says not one more cent for the NRCC because of eight turncoat Republicans. That's fine. But you'll only make the problem worse. I think people misunderstood my previous post on this issue.
That isn't where the bulk of party money is going. And whatever does get there is watered dow by expensive media markets. That's, in essence, the problem. The GOP strategy and the DNC strategy, until recently, have been to aggressively go after only the more winnable seats. Two things have to happen. But cutting off the money won't make it so.
First, you need leadership that seriously believes a lower tax, smaller government, less government regulation platform can win anywhere. Because it can. Then you'll actually need more money to support it nationally, not less.
Without pushing the first issue and only advocating the second, no more money will only ensure that even less money gets spent in the Northeast. And that means you may as well start swearing in even more liberal Democrats and Republicans.
Any real change has to start from the ground up. Ranting about witholding money might make you feel good. And there's nothing wrong with doing it, provided you're sending the right message as to what will be required to motivate you to support the GOP, again.
You'd actually be better off to raise money yourself and give it to more conservative candidates, just as the Left did to some degree with politicians they liked. I believe RedState already has that type of initiative. They're even raising money specifically for a more conservative candidate to take on Boxer – Chuck Devore. That's the way to get what you want by channeling money, not simply withholding it because one is angry.
There is a rumor in Washington that Senator John Cornyn is desperately trying to get Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner to jump into the California Senate race against Chuck Devore in the GOP Primary. Poizner is running for Governor currently.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch