There’s More To America Than That
Two quality writers pen mostly obituaries for what it is we conceived of as America just last year.
While it would be foolish to dismiss the impact of what's happening in Washington today, America remains more than what those gentlemen might see in it right now. However small any protest in the world there often is, there's a marked difference between what's still just beginning in America and what one is accustomed to seeing from abroad in an Internet video, or on TV.
I'm not speaking of protests aligned with the American Left we know all too well. This is something different and so too will be the path, actions and outcome from the emerging Tea Party movement. (Protest babe alert – white skirt, blue shirt as an aside) That is not the look of the all too often protesting Left here or abroad, now is it?
No, it is not.
You might also note her color, not because it means everything, or nothing, but because it does mean something.
We are not only the racially, economically or socially divided America Obama and the media would have you believe exists. These early protests represent both the broadest and best of America. And they tell you America has something very much on her mind.
For another thing, the rage factor tends to be all but completely tamped down in what we're seeing. That isn't a bad thing; these are pragmatic purposeful people. They are the American people you rarely if ever see in the news, let alone making waves.
But they are making waves. Obviously they want to be heard. And one thing that has not yet changed in America is that when it's real population, not some fringe group, wants seriously enough to be heard, it is.
To this day there is not and has never been a military or government, foreign or domestic, that has managed to shut up, shout down, or defeat the American people when they were determined to be heard and mostly get their way.
Unless or until I see that happen for myself, stuff the obituaries, decide whose side you're on and if you're going to fight, otherwise just get the hell out of the way.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch