Fairness Doctrine: I Question The Timing
While it has a news hook, we have Obama trying to marginalize Limbaugh, Fairness Doctrine chatter from a host of liberals in Congress, and now Bill Press is so desperate to have Congress take greater control of the airways so he can make a living, he tells us that Air America would have been a smashing success if only it had had a "level playing field."
Yes, those evil money grubbing capitalists only take a break from their pursuit of cash when given the chance to flood the airways with conservative talk so as to pollute unsuspecting minds who happen to tune in while surfing the radio waves. Why else would they purposely sabotage that virtual gold mine, liberal talk radio?
Of course, Hollywood wouldn't have to balance its consistently left leaning content and there's nothing wrong with the liberal bias found on the large television networks, or with the dying newspaper industry. It's only talk radio that concerns the Left. They're coming, folks. They have power. They want to keep it. And they don't want any opposition to their use of it if they can find a way to shut it down.
There's a fight coming. Get ready. I imagine they've looked at the numbers and believe they can win it if the larger public that doesn't listen to talk radio fails to get engaged. Hopefully this will end with the Left being defeated and embarassed as they should be.
If you're looking for a break from those conservative voices that dominate talk radio, take time out today to listen to local station OBAMA 1260 AM. You'll hear the progressive voices of Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, Lionel — or, during morning drive, my own "Bill Press Show" — providing welcome relief from the constant Obama-bashing by Rush Limbaugh and others. Unfortunately, today's the last day you'll be able to do so.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch