Terrorism: Obama’s Language Suggests Bad News For America’s Security
Update: More on al Qaeda's worldview, perhaps lost on our sitting administration.
Do you believe that Al Qaeda and its affiliates are intelligent purposeful beings with an agenda that differs tragically from that of Western Democracies? Or that they are simply a bunch of uninformed ignoramuses who don't take time to think?
It's important because Obama chose the language of the liberal elitist to address terrorism today. That myopic view fails to truly understand their mindset and radical ideology, somehow believing that everyone would just be "good people" if only given the chance and information.
"It is precisely our ideals that give us the strength and the moral high ground to be able to effectively deal with the unthinking violence that we see emanating from terrorist organizationsaround the world," Obama said.
You can call the terrorists behind 9/11 and many other attacks many things. But you cannot call them "unthinking" unless you are under the dangerously flawed assumption that, all things being equal, they would think and behave just as we do in the West.
This is the language that leads to weakness, appeasement and negotiation with an enemy bent on your destruction and interested only in manipulating any and every process they can to their advantage.
We can have any policy we choose on Guantanamo. In the end, I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference. But a President who does not understand the radical terrorist mindset in these perilous times is not a good thing for America's security and well being.
They don't want what we want because they think differently, not because they are "unthinking."
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch