Obama’s Brother Arrested

January 31, 2009

Oh Lord. It isn't as good as Billy Carter peeing on the White House lawn but we have another Presidential sibling in trouble of a similar sort. From Billy Beer to Obama Ganja – liberals sure have come a long way!

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Kenyan police say the half brother of President Barack Obama has been arrested for possession of marijuana.

Area police chief Joshua Omokulongolo said George Obama was picked up Saturday and was being held at the Huruma police post in the capital. Omokulongolo said officers found one joint of marijuana on him.

George Obama and the president had the same father but barely know each other.

Comments:
  1. Fred Beloit says:

A message for Totally: Don’t worry. This penchant for weed isn’t genetic nor hereditary, it is probably just something that runs in the family. (H/T Bob and Ray)

2. mark l. says:

I wish I could cast a stone in this matter…

3. TheSpartan says:

Two words…Neil Bush.

4. mark l. says:

not to familiar with neil…what are his ‘sins’?

5. mary says:

Is this the guy only living on a dollar a day? He sure makes that dollar go far.

6. Anon says:

No, I think that was his uncle, who lived in the tin shack, not to be confused with his aunt, living illegally on the dole in Boston Public Housing and now doubtless fast tracked to citizenship so she can receive full welfare benefits, food stamps and free job training. Look for her at the Mass. DMV customer service window. LOL.
    I wonder though, realistically, if they didn’t know who he was when they arrested him..probably everyone in Kenya now claims to be an Obama relative…or if he refused to pay some type of usual cop bribe, can’t see why the Kenyan authorities would want to embarass Obama so early….

7. TheSpartan says:

Neil ran a Savings and Loan into the ground during the S&L scandal (Silverado) and also admitted to frequenting prostitutes while on business trips in Asia during divorce proceedings…no word as to whether the whores were over 18.

8. mark l. says:

“please, make sure that they are unique from democrats. one doesn’t want to appear hypocritical.”

9. mary says:

It does seem as though every p r e z in recent memory has had a sib that embarrassed them.

10. TheSpartan says:

Posted by: mark l. | Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 05:59 PM
    This thread was begun by making it seem as if Dems are the only ones with problem sibs…just pointing out that isn’t the case. No hypocrisy whatsoever.

11. Richard says:

The outrage should be that he was arrested at all. Republicans have a real loser position in clinging to failed prohibition policies.

12. M. Simon says:

About 70% to 80% of the population want to see weed legal for medicine. It seems to be quite useful for PTSD.
    PTSD and the Endocannabinoid System

13. biggntuff says:

Excuse me, but how do we know whether or not this is some sort of international power play by the Kenyans? Perhaps some sort of blackmail plot? A “do for us what we need or the sibling gets it” kind of thing?
    Just sayin’…
    This is my opinion, and I am still entitled to it… so far.

14. Whether the brother is guilty or not, it seems to me that the blackmail angle is still there. Perhaps some other government will worm it’s way into this by getting custody of the brother in question. Mr. Obama’s whole family seems to me to be a national security nightmare.

Except that heretofore President Obama hasn’t shown all that much concern with the welfare or whereabouts of his extended Kenyan family. Consider how many are living in a tin shack on a dollar a day.

15. Wally Ballou says:

“Republicans have a real loser position in clinging to failed prohibition policies”
    Please name the prominent national Democrats who are committed to Marijuana decriminalization.
    This is not a dem/repub issue. One of the most consistent long-term opponents of the “drug war” was the late William F. Buckley.

16. CaptainVictory says:

“This penchant for weed isn’t genetic nor hereditary, it is probably just something that runs in the family.”
    Hmm … as I write this post, Drudge is running a picture in which BHO looks very stoned indeed.
    Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/dfobgl

17. TheSpartan says:

Just sayin’…
    This is my opinion, and I am still entitled to it… so far.
    Posted by: biggntuff | Sunday, February 01, 2009 at 07:22 AM
    Blackmail? Really? You think if that was the case they could do better than arresting a half-brother he never sees for marijuana possession. Yes you have a right to your opinion…even if it is stupid.

18. Letalis Maximus, Esq. says:

Don’t smear the GOP regarding marijuana legalization. National Dems are not 4/20 friendly either – the police and correctional officers’ unions won’t allow it.

19. He Was A Midnight Toker says:

Hey, CaptianVictory -
    Instapundit linked to this American Digest post on BarryO, and I’d say you may be on to something!

20. JorgXMcKie says:

“This thread was begun by making it seem as if Dems are the only ones with problem sibs…” Oh, really? Could you point to the evidence for that conclusion? I mean, Billy Carter was only the most famous sib, not the only one. Don Nixon, Sam Houston Johnson (LBJ finally kept him out of trouble by having Secret Service agents herd him), Bobby Kennedy (Joe McCarthy aide, wire-tapping MLK, Marilyn Monroe and her death), Chappaquidick Teddy (Make mine another double on the rocks) Kennedy, Ruth Stapleton (Snake-handler) Carter, Roger “Blow” Clinton, Hugh Rodham and Hilary’s other brother were all embarrassing sibs.
    Tu quoque is *so* lame as a form of argument. By calling yourself TheSpartan can I presume that your difficulties come from being ‘educated’ at the cow college in East Lansing? That would explain a lot.
    As for blackmail, Obama neatly avoids the possibility by obviously not giving a rat’s patoot about his half-sibs or his father’s extended family and has no family left on his mother’s side other than the half-sister we never hear about. If it doesn’t help his daughters why should he care?

21. If I should every manage to become president, I know that my siblings would most definitely embarrass me. I’m not even a politician right now and they embarrass me on a weekly basis. I just claim that they were adopted. My parents are probably going to disown at least one of the two in the next year.
    Every family has their retards.

22. CaptainVictory says:

“… I’d say you may be on to something!”
    Perhaps. But either way, I have a word for BHO: Smoking weed can cause moobs.
    Oh, wait …

23. templar knight says:

“Every family has their retards”.
    Truer words were never spoken. I have a niece who is a liberal democrat.

24. Roy Mustang says:

What can you say about a father who doesn’t take care of his kids?
    Why a best selling book praising him and his dreams!

25. TheSpartan says:

“Every family has their retards”.
    Truer words were never spoken. I have a niece who is a liberal democrat.
    Posted by: templar knight | Sunday, February 01, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    And you are the cross that poor child must bear.

26. TheSpartan says:

“What can you say about a father who doesn’t take care of his kids?”
    How dare you speak out against the Great Ronald Reagan!