Are Libertarians, Conservatives In Fight For Their Lives?
When you combine Obama's attacks on Limbaugh with his recent move on Judd, it would be foolish to eliminate the very real possibility that Obama is intent on removing the entire Right as an effective opposition to whatever liberal agenda he might have in mind. Ask yourself, who would stop a rebranded Fairness Doctrine without any truly effective Republican voice to be heard in Washington? And that would be the result of Obama's current moves.
My apologies for needing to follow up on this post Instapundit was kind enough to link. But I am very serious and not being over the top in asking my libertarian and conservative friends to consider the sweep of recent events, all driven by Obama.
He has his troops on the march through a web effort and on the ground via groups like MoveOn to influence moderates, not conservatives or hard line libertarians. We know that because he is already targeting Judd Gregg even while inviting him into his cabinet.
Out of nowhere he launched an attack on Rush Limbaugh. At first it seemed foolish and unnecessary. More and more it looks like a planned marginalization. That move was no different than launching an attack directly against a large segment of the Right and most any small government, anti-tax mindset – whether they listen to Limbaugh, or not.
He tested the water with his stimulus bill to see if Republican ranks would be capable of standing up against him legislatively. They held. He waited until after that in what he is now attempting to do by offering a cabinet post to Judd Greg.
There is at least some reason to believe McCain would accept Sec Def if offered, as a capstone for his political career. There is nothing left for McCain in the Senate. Obama wouldn't even really need him there. That might also get the Dems to sixty in the Senate even if Coleman prevails in Minnesota.
Think about the moves this man is making so early in his Presidency. It suggests a liberal power grab that makes Pelosi's efforts in Congress pale in comparison. And if Gregg takes the appointment, Obama would all but be ensured of success before the Right even realized it was under an all out attack.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch