Bring It On!
That's in the sense of the election, of course. Geesh! It is time to get it over with one way or the other. And I'm certain most Americans agree.
However, I am also referring to this bit by Fred Barnes in the event of an Obama win.
We Could Be In for a Lurch to the Left A President Obama would not face the same constraints as his Democratic predecessors.
He makes some excellent points as to why the usual restrictions on a shift too far Left don't exist in the media and inside the Beltway. But there is this:
Card check is overwhelmingly unpopular with the American public.
It isn't just Card Check that would be unpopular with the general public if Liberals think they can simply run wild. As I mentioned to someone recently, something like the Fairness Doctrine would promptly re-bond Libertarians and Conservatives determined to give the Liberals a very tough fight in a very, very worthy cause.
Sad but true, the vast majority of the American people don't think deeply about Liberal versus Conservative and what the two ideologies actually entail. Hell, 35% of them are simply voting for "change."
But give a still center-Right country change it doesn't actually want and you'll see how quickly they tune in.
Maybe McCain pulls it out today, maybe he doesn't. And while it's too soon to start to dwell on, or even discuss it much … regardless of today's outcome, the battle for the future of this great country still goes on.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch